Thursday, August 9, 2012

Rain Rain go Away come again another day

That is how a nursery rhyme goes.  Very hard to get all the washing done, but never mind.  Haven't done too much except shampoo the carpet to get rid of the cat smell.  Still waiting for it to dry to find out if I have been successful  :D

 Demi comfortable on the recliner chair. This is her favourite spot.   If on rare occasions I sit in the chair she sits on the back of the chair.  And rarely on the arms.








 Cinders has decided that the dresser is a nice place to be, safe from Mitch but more importantly safe from Demi
 Comfortable to sleep too.
"What do you want, I was sleeping"

Mitch decided that perhaps the chair might give a different perspective on the world.










 Doesn't show up very well,  but when I lit the fire and went to add this piece of wood, it looked like a prehistoric creature embedded in the bark, but no, just a pine cone











Lit the fire to help dry out the carpet, as it is quite cool today, and my heater is not very efficient.

Pine doesn't burn very well either, well, burns, but not a lot of heat.  Still has helped.




 Cleaned on end, then moved the furniture down there after the carpet had partially dried.



 hire this shampoo unit from the local supermarket.











 The last bit done and waiting to dry.  Doesn't look too clean though. Might have to have another go tomorrow.........very patchy.  Still the smell seems to have gone.





Thanks again about the jewelry.    Hope it didn't take you away from your clients for too long.

Keep well and safe.  <3 br="br">

2 comments:

Minz said...

Well, now there's those comment moderation words again. Been trying many times yesterday.

I just love all the pet photos you have in your blog! <3 How comfortable Demi looks - smiling a bit to you while you took the photo. So cute!

And how beautiful Cinders is, too. Both sitting and laying on the dresser. There's clearly a place for a live decoration there. =P

Dear Mitch also. Can almost see the ears moving.

The cone really does look like a prehistoric creature. Quite scary indeed. Good to know it wasn't. =D

I don't like burning pine in open fireplace, 'cos it may throw it's sparks around quite far. In our closed fireplace it doesn't matter. Though it can sound like firecrackers at times.

Hope you're ready and done with the cleaning of the carpet already. Hard work. Good you have the opportunity to hire the equipment that are efficient.

And no problems with the jewelry thing. Hope everything goes smoothly from now on. =D

Be well!
<3 <3 <3

scraygirl said...

I don't like the pine because it doesn't seem to burn hotly. I have a guard usually in front of the fire, but put it aside for the photo.

Thanks to you, the smell is almost gone now that I have put the cushion out.

You be well too.
Love to all <3 <3 <3